The prevention department at the Tillamook Family Counseling Center, previously known as the SOS Tillamook Program, provides support to overcome and strengthen Tillamook County residents through prevention services. Prevention services include alcohol and other drug prevention services, problem gambling prevention services, suicide prevention services, and parent supports. Services may include prevention education, outreach, presentations, and trainings.
- Alcohol and other drug prevention services: Prevention presentations that focus on raising the awareness of the harms of underage substance use, prevention strategies, and helpful prevention resources.
- Problem gambling prevention services: Prevention presentations focus on raising awareness of the risk of gambling, provide information about problem gambling, prevention strategies, and helpful prevention resources.
- Suicide prevention services: Free 1 ½ hour Question, Persuade, and Refer Gatekeeper trainings. This training is an evidence-based suicide prevention training that has been used worldwide. This training is perfect for any adult who would like to learn more about suicide prevention.
- Parent supports: The prevention program is part of a tri county parenting support collaborative called Northwest Parenting. Twice a year the Tillamook Family Counseling Center offers a parent education series. Other parent supports include workshops.
Additional Online Resources
- Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration’s (SAMHSA) Talk They Hear You
This campaign has helpful tips to talk to youth about substance use prevention. Campaign has fact sheets, apps, brochures, PSAs, and so much more!
- Oregon Problem Gambling Resource (OPGR)
The OPGR website has a web page dedicated to prevention. Visitors will find information on warning signs, responsible gambling guidelines, and conversation tips. In addition, the website has information about problem gambling treatment services.
Tillamook Family Counseling Center’s team includes an experienced Prevention Specialist and bilingual team member. For program information, please contact:
Prevention Specialist/Tillamook Family Counseling Center
Janeane Krongos, CPS, CHES
Direct Line (503)842-8201 extension #270.