Looking for Work? We Can Help!
The Tillamook Family Counseling Center
Supported Employment Program!
What types of jobs can the Employment Specialist help me find?
- Data Entry
- And many more…
The Employment Specialist will work with you to determine the type of job YOU want!
What is Supported Employment?
Supported employment is a service that helps consumers currently receiving mental health services to find and maintain meaningful jobs in the community. The jobs are competitive (paying at least minimum wage) and are based on a person’s preferences and abilities.
Work can have many benefits.
For most of us, work is part of our identity. When we feel good about having a job, we often see ourselves in a more positive way. Work provides structure and routine. Job income gives us more choices about what to buy, where to live, and gives us a chance to build savings.
Supported Employment starts with
This program does not force you to work. You let your treatment team know whether or not you want to work, and you will be given the
Supports and services to help you make your career goals a possibility.
Supported Employment is based on eight
- Eligibility is based on consumer choice. No one is excluded who wants to participate.
- Supported employment is Integrated with treatment. Employment specialists coordinate plans with your treatment team:
your case manager, therapist, psychiatrist, etc.
- Competitive employment is the goal. The focus is on finding community jobs anyone can apply for that pay at least minimum wage, including part-time and full-time jobs.
- Job search starts soon after a consumer expresses interest in working. There are no requirements for completing extensive pre-employment assessment and training, or intermediate work experiences.
- Follow-along supports are continuous. Individualized supports to maintain employment continue as long as consumers want the assistance.
- Consumer preferences are important. Choice and decisions about work and support are individualized, based on the person’s preferences, strengths, and experiences.
- Employment specialists help clients obtain personalized, understandable, and accurate information about their Social Security, Medicaid, and other benefits.
- Employment specialists build an employer network based on clients’ interests, developing relationships with local employers by making systematic contacts.
Supported Employment is an ongoing service.
Employment specialists are available to:
- Help you plan your career.
- Identify factors that could stand in your way and develop solutions.
- Help you succeed after you have obtained a job.
When you are hired, an employment specialist will continue to provide supports and services.
Tillamook Family Counseling Center
906 Main Ave.
Tillamook, OR 97141
(503) 842-8201 Ext. 273
- Top of Page -